Roasted Cabbage Steaks Recipe – Spend It With Pennies
Roasted Cabbage Steaks are one of the scrumptious and wholesome methods to get pleasure from this (usually underrated) vegetable!
This cabbage steak recipe produces tender steaks with caramelized edges and a barely candy taste that goes nicely with any foremost dish!
They’re easy but scrumptious and really easy to make!
Cabbage Salted Steaks
- Cabbage Steaks are good for vegetarians, Meatless Mondays or a fast snack.
- Low in energy and excessive in fiber, cabbage pairs nicely together with your favourite herbs and spices.
- Double the recipe and warmth in an air fryer for per week of scrumptious cabbage steaks.
- An excellent various to stir-fried cabbage, the oven does all of the work. Simply put together and bake!
Components & Variations
Cabbage: I take advantage of inexperienced cabbage, however this recipe works with purple cabbage as nicely. When deciding on cabbage, select full, heavy heads. You may even add different low-carb veggies like onions, fennel, or turnip greens so as to add further taste and selection.
Oil: Olive oil is what I take advantage of, as I at all times have it available. Swap out bacon grease for a smoky taste (and sprinkle with crumbled bacon you probably have it).
Spices: Customise seasonings relying in your foremost dish. Maintain it easy or step it up a notch by sprinkling on do-it-yourself mixes like ranch dressing, Italian seasoning, or lemon pepper.
Variations: Experiment with numerous seasonings or toppings to create your individual cabbage steak recipe. Sprinkle with Parmesan or feta cheese or garnish with contemporary herbs. For a crispy contact, sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the cabbage steaks earlier than roasting.
Tips on how to Prepare dinner Make Cabbage Steaks
Roasted greens create layers of taste as a result of they’re cooked at a excessive temperature and the usage of minimal fats caramelizes the surface, making a pure sweetness.
- Put together the cabbage and brush it with olive oil, season with salt and pepper (or different seasoning mixtures).
- Roast the cabbage till the perimeters are golden brown!
What to Serve with Kale Steaks
Naturally, cabbage steaks make a powerful accompaniment to corned beef, however they will share oven area with roasted rooster breasts or an ideal roast beef. Finish dinner with a clear inexperienced salad topped with a tangy purple wine French dressing and a straightforward do-it-yourself strawberry mousse!
Extra Roasted Greens
Did you make these Roasted Kale Steaks? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Roasted kale is an excellent scrumptious approach to give this vegetable a star contact on the desk!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Slice a head of cabbage to create ½-inch-thick rounds. Brush all sides with olive oil.
Place on a baking sheet (minimize the rounds in half to suit the pan, if needed). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Flip and bake for one more 15-20 minutes or till the cabbage is tender. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes, if desired.
Drizzle with butter and serve.
- Customise seasoning by sprinkling in herbs or spices earlier than baking.
- Modify the cooking time primarily based on the thickness of the cabbage wedges and the specified degree of tenderness.
- Leftover cabbage steaks might be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 71 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: twog | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 155UI | Vitamin C: 41.6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is inspired and appreciated. It’s expressly forbidden to repeat and/or paste full recipes on any social community. Please see my photo usage policy here.
#Roasted #Cabbage #Steaks #Recipe #Spend #Pennies