This Oreo Slab Pie is a simple pie recipe that feeds a crowd. A no-bake whipped cheesecake layer loaded with Oreos sits on high of a buttery pie crust layered with heat fudge.
This publish is in partnership with Imperial Sugar. Click HERE to see the FULL RECIPE!
Oreo Slab Pie is a simple dessert thought!
Oreo Slab Pie is a scrumptious dessert made with an Oreo cookie crust, a easy creamy filling made with cream cheese, whipped cream and crushed Oreos. The pie is then topped with extra crushed Oreos and whipped cream. It is an ideal dessert for any event, whether or not it is a household gathering, a June celebration, or a dessert for an important day.
What’s Oreo Slab Pie?
Oreo pie is a comparatively new dessert that has gained recognition in recent times. It’s believed to have originated in the US, the place Oreo cookies have been a beloved snack since their introduction in 1912. The primary Oreo pie recipes have been easy, consisting of crushed Oreo cookies blended with cream cheese or pudding. Nonetheless, over time, the recipe has advanced to incorporate a greater variety of elements and strategies.
For the entire record of elements and recipe CLICK HERE!
- Pie crust. You should utilize prepackaged pie crust, the field normally consists of two rolled pie crusts, or you can also make your personal pie crust from scratch. I like my buttered pie crust recipe and it will work completely for this recipe. I used the Pillsbury model of pie crust in addition to Dealer Joe’s pie crust. I want Dealer Joe’s for prepackaged pie crust.
- Scorching chocolate sauce. I just like the thick-in-the-jar variety, not the syrupy type. Chocolate icing would additionally completely work for this recipe and I made it that method too! Attempt my Creamy Chocolate Icing, however reduce the recipe in half!
- Heavy whipped cream. You may as well use Cool Whip for this recipe if you wish to skip making your personal!
- Cream cheese. Ensure that it is at room temperature so it blends evenly with no lumps!
- Bitter cream additionally at room temperature to facilitate mixing.
- Powder sugar. Utilizing powdered sugar provides a pleasant mild sweetness!
- pure vanilla extract
- Oreo cookies. You may actually use any model, like Dealer Joe’s Jojos. You may as well use Double Sfuf or the unique, whichever you favor!
Methods to make Oreo Slab Pie?
- Warmth the oven to 450°F.
- Take away pie crusts from packaging. On a calmly floured floor, unroll and stack the dough on high of one another. Utilizing a rolling pin, roll to a 17×12-inch rectangle. Place the dough in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking dish (jelly roll pan) and press it into the corners and sides. Create a border by folding the surplus alongside the highest of the pan, crimping to create a scalloped edge, if desired.
- Use a fork to prick the dough throughout the underside and sides and bake for 10 to 12 minutes till the crust is golden brown. Cool fully.
- Unfold sizzling fudge sauce evenly over cooled crust. Set it apart.
- In your bowl mixer geared up with the whisk attachment, beat the cream for 1 to 2 minutes on medium-high velocity till stiff peaks kind. Switch the home made whipped cream to a big bowl and put aside.
- Add the cream cheese, bitter cream, icing sugar and vanilla to the bowl of an electrical mixer and beat on medium velocity till fluffy, scraping down the perimeters of the bowl with a rubber spatula as wanted.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese combination till included.
- Finely chop 20 Oreo cookies. Fold the chopped cookies into the combination and unfold over the recent syrup layer. You may as well use a meals processor or blender for this step.
- Cowl the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at the least 1 hour, till cool.
- Reduce the remaining Oreo cookies in half and beautify. Reduce into slices to serve.
Since Oreo cookies are available so many enjoyable flavors as of late, you will get artistic with this recipe! Listed below are some choices:
- Peanut Butter Oreos + Peanut Butter as a substitute of sizzling fudge
- Golden Oreos + Dulce De Leche as a substitute of sizzling sauce
- Birthday Cake Oreos + Funfetti Icing as a substitute of Scorching Fudge
- Mint Oreos with a couple of drops of peppermint extract as a substitute of vanilla extract
PIN for later:
#Oreo #Slab #Pie #Cookies #Cups